Thursday, April 4, 2013

Borderlands 2 Binary Loot Mod Update: Sleeving attempt

Sorry for the lack of updates.  I've been really busy at work.  Started working on a proof of concept project in addition to all my normal work.  Needless to say super busy and not getting anything else done.

So here we are.  First up is my first attempt at sleeving.  I bought some black, charcoal grey, and colonial blue paracord.
 I'm really happy with the colors and I think they'll look great in the build.  If I can ever manage to do a good job of sleeving with them.  For my first attempt here I tried the heat shrink method.  As you can see from the first wire, I'm certainly not a pro.
So after breaking and repairing 4 - 5 pins on the cable I have one full wire sleeved.  Which is actually a double... trust me that sucked.  In the future I think I'm going to make sure to use the standard instead of just putting the wires back how the manufacturer ran them to skimp out on wires. 
 I'm going to need more practice at this but first cable every sleeved by me.  I need to get some super glue to seal the ends on my sewing job so it's cleaner.  Not a horrible cable but not a great one either.  It's good enough for me though.

 For my next attempt I think I'm going to use the no heat shrink method.  After watching some videos on it no heat shrink looks to be a lot easier.

Lessons learnedMeasure out and cut all your stuff before you even start.  I tried to do one at a time and that is what cause me to have in consistent lengths on my sleeving. 

No comments:

Post a Comment